Did you know that the average American spends 18% of his or her income on transportation, and only 13% on food?
Two fun facts about NuPath’s Transportation Department:
- NuPath’s transportation fleet travels more than 1.3 million miles each year (the equivalent of driving to the moon and back 3 times or to the West Coast and back 216 times!)
- To travel this distance, NuPath’s vehicles require more than 73,000 gallons of gas (an amount that would fuel an average American’s driving for more than 137 years!).
“My greatest reward in my work at NuPath comes from watching someone achieve their own ‘personal best.’ I consider myself a life coach as I help each person move toward their own life goals. I teach my ‘players’ new techniques, push them on when they think they can’t do more, encourage them when morale is low, and then join to celebrate sweet victory!”
-Dave Palazzo, Associate Director of Vocational Services
NuPath Employment, Day Habilitation and Residential programs are proud to be accredited by CARF, an international, independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation.
NuPath’s accreditation through CARF serves as another proud indicator of our ongoing organizational integrity and commitment to only the highest standards of quality available within human services industry.
Please help us advocate for the individual rights of people with disabilities. Contact your state representative and tell them your story using the link below. To educate yourself further, follow the links to the Massachusetts ARC, the Association for Developmental Disabilities Providers and the Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers, Inc. Join the movement by visiting our page on The Caring Force. Or, you may call or email us to personally discuss how you can play a more direct role using your unique talents and skills!
Staff Professional Development and Training for Autism Services
- Direct, didactic introduction to the Autism Spectrum Disorder
- PREVENT Training (crisis management and intervention)
- The Art of Reinforcement
- Observing, Recording, and Analyzing Data
- What is Applied Behavior Analysis?
- Program – specific individual plans and protocols
- Direct Support Professionals’ Credentialing Program
- Direct Support Professionals’ – NuPath’s Minor in Autism
- Training in Daily Life Therapy® through the Boston Higashi School – selected Management and Direct Support Professionals
- What is Daily Life Therapy®?
- Other outside agency trainings, as appropriate
Applied Behavior Analysis
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies
- Berkshire Association for Behavior Analysis and Therapy
- Association of Professional Behavior Analysts
- Functional academics
- Fine motor skills
- Self-care skills
- Leisure skills and activities
- Gross motor skills
- Social skills
- Community and Recreation